I desperately want to quit today so it’s probably a good time to list EVERYTHING I like about all three sports:
* It’s only 1.2 of 70.3 miles.
* I love being in the water. There’s something incredibly soothing and appealing about being immersed in water.
* It’s incredibly low impact and takes virtually no leg power. Such a nice break for quads, hammies, and glutes.
* I feel kind of sexy in my wetsuit. Like Catwoman (if cats liked water)!
* Cycling is kind of….easy. I mean, I have definitely SUFFERED on hills and in spin classes but you can basically go for a really, really, really long time and not feel that bad. At the end of this weekend’s 50 miles, my hip flexors were ready to be done but it was nothing compared to running for multiple hours.
* To that end, I woke the morning after 50 miles and wasn’t sore. AMAZING. #NoImpactNoProblems
* When you ride outside, you don’t overheat because it’s so nice and breezy!
* When you ride downhill, you don’t have to do anything!
* You can eat food and not get all barfy!
* You get to zip by all the suckers who are out on foot and forgot their moving machines!
* It’s cheap. Shoes. Gu. Done.
* You can walk. Or sit down. It’s a very easy sport to calibrate.
* Nothing feels as badass as sprinting.
* Finishing a hard run and being flooded with endorphins is super satisfying.
And I guess there’s that whole “satisfaction of pushing out of your comfort zone and seeing a goal through to completion” thing…..
What’s your favorite of the big three? Favorite aspect of each sport?