I only have two minutes before I need to head out for this morning’s 4 mile. I’ve been teaching voice at a wonderful camp about an hour and a half away from Oakland. This means 7 hours of no internet time and arriving home way too exhausted to compose a coherent blog post.
Here’s all the news that’s fit to print:
* I think I’m starting to find a good food balance. My stomach problems are mostly resolved and (earmuffs), I sort of got my period. I say sort of because it was very oddly light considering that it was three weeks late. Whatever, I’ll take it.
* Have NOT lost pre-period weight gain. I hate to admit it but the extra 6 or so pounds I’ve gained since mid-June are mindf*cking me in a big way. I know I’ve gained some muscle but this is also padding that I can see and feel. When the result is weight gain, it makes it difficult to experiment with eating more food, especially carbs – even when I sense that my body needs it. #girl
* I LOVE THE OLYMPICS. Even though I was a day behind and totally knew the outcome, I felt so much joy watching our lady gymnasts kick ass and take names. Every “NAILED IT” smile melted my heart. When Ali was tearing up at the end of her floor routine, I lost it. 😀
* I’m running a RACE this weekend! Doing a 10k on Saturday morning in San Leandro. It’s a flat course and I just want to have another race experience under my belt before the half. Since it’s 6.2, I’m sure you can all imagine what my secret time goal is. No idea if I’ll do that but I’m going to attempt to pace my 4 mile run today in the same manner.
* On that note, gotta run! Have a wonderful day everyone!