* It’s a blah day and I’m in a blah (and slightly anxious) mood. All I can manage are bullet points.
* Gia at Run Gia Run wrote a great post about slowing down. It spoke to me as my Tuesday and Thursday training runs keep getting a bit faster and I keep getting a bit more competitive with myself. Yesterday, I made the conscious choice to slow down a bit and it was MUCH more challenging than pushing myself to speed up. I realized that ever since I broke 10mm over 3 miles, I’ve been a bit afraid that if I slow down, I’ll lose that drive forever. This fear of backsliding or losing positive momentum is one that defined my 15 years of yo-yo eating. If I’m not perfect, will it all fall apart?
* Nope. Nope it will not.
* Lots of tweeting ( @PNotPunishment ) this week. I think I’ve finally gotten the hang of it. I’m enjoying the massive linkage to articles I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. I’m not enjoying having like 4 people follow me. For some reason, sending out tweets that you know won’t be read feels more pathetic than unread blog posts.
* Finished the first season of Sons of Anarchy last night. It’s good but the similarities to Justified only highlight SOA’s inferior writing and acting. Still, I’m hooked enough to continue watching.
* Speaking of TV, BREAKINGBADBREAKINGBADBREAKINGBADBREAKINGBAD. GIMMIERIGHTNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Last night, I was so tired by the end of my Dailey Method class that I almost cried! Most unfashionable. I do not enjoy being a girl.
* Finally found shorts that I like and like me back but they just feel so….short. I’ve been running in shorty running skirts and I’m sure I’m exposing more than these Lulu shorts would but they feel really bare. I must just need to bite the bullet and get used to them. Or maybe compression shorts are the way to go. I just can’t imagine they won’t ride up after a lifetime of digging all clothing out of my butt.
* Lunch, teach, Dailey Method. Three things that should cheer me up.
What do you guys do when you’re crankypotamus?